Mormonism and Christianity vary in many ways. It would not be too big a leap to say they're different religions.
- Mormonism teaches that God achieved godhood by living a perfect life. Christianity (and Judaism) preaches that God is an infinite being, and always has been. "As
Psalms 90:2 and 93:2 state, God has been God 'from
eternity to eternity.'"
- Mormonism teaches that God is made of flesh and bones. Christianity (and Judaism) preach that God is an infinite, formless (in that he can take any shape or form, and needs not physically exist) being.
- Mormonism teaches there are many gods "There are many Gods. Brigham
Young-Journal of Discourses 7:333 "How many Gods there are,
I do not know. But there never was a time when there
were not Gods." This is directly in contradiction to Judaism and Christianity's teachings that there is only one God, who is, and was, and always will be. "There is only one God. (Dt 6:4; 33:26-27; Isa
43:10; 45:5; 46:9; 1Ti 2:5)"
- Mormonism teaches that God takes a wife. "'Implicit in the Christian verity that
all men are the spirit children of an Eternal Father is the
usually unspoken truth that they are also the offspring of
an Eternal Mother. An exalted and glorified Man of
Holiness (Moses 6:57) could not be a Father unless a Woman
of like glory, perfection, and holiness was associated with
him as a Mother' (Mormon Doctrine, 1977 ed., p. 516)" This is never mentioned in the scripture. "The
Godhead determined to make man in their image, not to
procreate spirit children (Ge 1:26). Nowhere does
Scripture even hint at the existence of an Eternal
- Mormonism believes the following: "God would stop being God if
intelligences stopped supporting him as God.", where as Christianity teaches that God is infinite. "God
is not God unless He is all-powerful, all knowing,
absolutely in charge. If God exists only as God
because of support given from other intelligent forms,
He is not God at all (Isa 44:6; Ro 3:4; Rev 1:8; 21:6;
is unchangingly omnipotent, and no purpose of His can be
thwarted. He is not overruled by anyone (Ge 17:1;
Job 36:22-23; 42:2; Isa 14:26-27; 40:13-14; Jer 32:27;
Mt 19:26; Lk 1:37; Ac 17:24-25; Rev 19:6)".
- Mormonism believes that "Man was also in the beginning with
God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not
created or made, neither indeed can be" (D&C 93:29)" I don't need a reference (Try the first page of Genesis) to disprove this.
There you go. Big font. Follow the Article Link for more. Yes, I did take most everything from there, but as a fellow brother in Christ, with attribution to them, I believe that it is a good, rather than a wrong to spread infomation to save the lost sheep in the world.